Monday, January 11, 2010

3 Month Supply of Food

STORE a THREE MONTH supply of food to compliment your year supply of food

In my year supply of food storage I keep basic food that will keep my family alive. (wheat, rice, beans, flour, oats, sugar, and pasta--all items you can buy from the cannery)

Now if I added spaghetti sauce to my pasta I would have a real meal that my entire family would enjoy.

HOW TO START A 3 MONTH SUPPLY OF FOOD:
1. Think about food your family normally buys and eats.
2. Buy a few extra items each week to build a 1 week supply of food.
3. Gradually buy more until you have enough food for 3 months.
4. Rotate this food regularly.

TIP: On the canned goods I buy I write the date I bought them on the top of the cans. This way there isn't any guess work.

To look at a detailed 3 month supply list, go back to the home page and click on "3 Month Supply List"